- Forum Search
- Online Manual
- Support Helpers of the Month
- Function Database
Checks the current session, verifying that the person is who he or she should be.
Syntaxvoid checkSession ([string $type[, string $from_action[, bool $is_fatal]]])
Expected type: Enumerated String
Description: What type of session to look for - one in the query string (GET), one sent via a form (POST) or either one (REQUEST)
Possible string values Allowed values Description 'get' Session ID should be sent in the querystring (checks $_GET['sesc']) 'post' Session ID should be sent from a form (checks $_POST['sc']) 'request' Session ID could be in either location (checks get first, then post)
Expected type: String
Description: If set, verifies that they came from the specified action
Expected type: Boolean
Description: If true, function dies with fatal_lang_error if there's a problem. Otherwise a problem will cause the function to return the index of the $txt array corresponding to the error message if there's a problem. Default is true.
- Also checks the referrer to make sure they didn't get sent here.
- If the disableCheckUA setting is set, it won't check their user agent (no inteface for this setting; setting it is not recommended)
- Will check GET, POST, or REQUEST depending on the passed type.
- Also optionally checks the referring action if passed. (note that the referring action must be by GET.)
- Returns the error message if is_fatal is false.
- Help | Terms and Rules | Go Up ▲
- Copyright © 2022 Simple Machines. All Rights Reserved.
- Page created in 0.043 seconds with 13 queries.
- Forum Search